Getting ready to sell your home this spring or summer? Don’t forget about the exterior of your house – it’s just as important as the interior, if not more. Amanda Nichols Arritt, an associate broker for Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty, states that it’s really the appearance of the exterior that gives homeowners their first impression of a house.
To help you with the outdoor staging process, Amanda shares a few simple tips about how her team recently staged the exterior of a home in Atlanta, Georgia. And the best part – it only took one weekend to complete!
- Pressure wash all hard surfaces – the driveway, walkway, patio and stairs
- Use a leaf blower to clear away debris from the roof, gutters, shrubs, walkways, flower beds, patio and yard
- Clean around the front door, including the door’s glass windows and remove cobwebs from the exterior lights
- Plant flowers (Amanda didn’t leave a single pot or flower box unplanted – even the storage shed got a flower box!)
- Wipe down outdoor furniture pillows and cushions
- This Atlanta homeowner added low-maintenance artificial turf to their backyard for a beautiful green “grass” look
- Photograph the exterior of the house on a sunny day – this makes a significant difference!
Check out this infographic for more quick and simple ways to prepare the exterior of your home.